Awards and Recognition
AtlantiCare’s nearly 5,000 physicians, staff, trustees and volunteers provide quality care and services to our patients and community every day. The following are just a few of the many awards and designations we have been honored to receive. A more complete listing is available here.
Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
AtlantiCare is a 2009 recipient of the Malcolm Baldrige National Quality Award
, the nation’s highest presidential honor for quality and organizational performance excellence.
Presented by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Nursing Magnet Designation is widely considered to be the gold standard for quality in the nursing profession. Magnet hospitals must satisfy a demanding set of criteria measuring the nursing team's performance and strength over an extended period of time.
HealthGrades Cardiac Care Excellence Award™
2012, 2011, 2010
The Cardiac Care Excellence Award recognizes hospitals for superior outcomes in five cardiac care services. Cardiac care includes heart bypass and valve surgeries, the treatment of heart attack and heart failure, and life-saving interventions that restore normal blood flow to the heart muscle. Your risk of complications and death can be significantly lower at these nationally recognized hospitals for cardiac care.
HealthGrades Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award™
2012, 2011, 2010
The Cardiac Surgery Excellence Award recognizes hospitals for superior outcomes in heart bypass surgery and heart valve surgery. Heart bypass surgery is a major surgery that improves blood flow to your heart muscle. Valve surgery is heart surgery to repair or replace a diseased valve that does not open or close normally. Your risk of complications and death can be significantly lower at these nationally recognized hospitals for cardiac surgery.
HealthGrades Maternity Care Excellence Award™
The Maternity Care Excellence Award recognizes hospitals that provide consistent high-quality care for women and their babies during pregnancy, delivery, and the first few days after delivery. These 5-star rated hospitals are in the 10% in the nation. Women who choose to deliver their baby at a Healthgrades 5-star rated hospital in maternity care have a 62% lower chance of experiencing complications during childbirth compared to a 1-star hospital.
The Joint Commission 2012 Top Performer on Key Quality Measures.
AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center is recognized by The Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for achieving excellence in performance on its accountability measures during 2012 for heart attack, heart failure, pneumonia and stroke. Out of 3,343 eligible hospitals submitting accountability measure data to The Joint Commission, AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center was one of 1,099 to meet or exceed the target rates of performance for 2012.
Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence
The Center for Surgical Weight Loss & Wellness at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center was named an American Society for Bariatric Surgery (ASBS) Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence (BSCOE) in January 2006. The ASBS Center of Excellence designation recognizes surgical programs with a demonstrated track record of favorable outcomes in bariatric surgery.
More awards and recognition
- Top 100 agency by the HomeCare Elite™ recognition program -The HomeCare Elite™ recognition program lists the top 25 percent of home health agencies in the country. In 2013, out of 9,969 agencies that had qualifying data, the HomeCare Elite™ program recognized 2,496 agencies as elite. AtlantiCare HomeCare is recognized as a Top 100 agency. AtlantiCare HomeCare has been recognized by the HomeCare Elite™ seven times over the past eight years.
- Department of Health and Human Services (DHHS) Health Resources and Services Administration Medal of Honor for achieving a 75 percent conversion rate in organ donation at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center’s (ARMC) City and Mainland campuses. ARMC City campus also received a Crystal Award for achieving this milestone three years in a row - 2007
- Bronze Governor’s Award for Performance Excellence, Quality New Jersey – 2007
- Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey Hospital Recognition – ARMC recognized for quality and safety initiatives – 2007
- George F. Lynn, president emeritus, AtlantiCare, received the Atlantic City Branch of the National Association for the Advancement of Colored People’s Freedom Fund Award – 2007
- AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center is ranked seventh among the nation’s hospitals in providing quality care for heart attack (AMI), congestive heart failure (CHF) and pneumonia, based on a Commonwealth Fund study in which Harvard University identified hospitals that performed the highest on composite measures of quality. - *2006
*Ranking is based on Centers for Medicare and Medicaid hospital quality data compiled by Harvard University for The Commonwealth Fund (April 2004-March 2005).
- ARMC earned J.D. Power and Associates Distinguished Hospital designation for the third consecutive year for its commitment to providing “An Outstanding Inpatient Experience,” - 2006
- Atlantic City Metropolitan Business and Citizens Association Appreciation Award – 2006
- Press of Atlantic City readers name AtlantiCare Kids Child Care and Early Learning Centers “One of the Best” childcare facilities - 2006
- Press of Atlantic City readers name the AtlantiCare LifeCenter “One of the Best” fitness facilities - 2006
- United Way of Atlantic County - Thomas J. Kuhar Founder’s Award for community service – 2006
- New Jersey Cancer Registry Award for Excellence - 2005
- David P. Tilton, then president and CEO of AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center (ARMC), now retired president and CEO, AtlantiCare, received the inaugural Chelsea Neighborhood Association Award - 2005
- ARMC became the 105th hospital in the nation to attain status as a Magnet™ designated hospital. ARMC was the 15th hospital in New Jersey to accomplish this prestigious designation –2004
- National Conference for Community and Justice, Atlantic County Chapter’s Humanitarian Award – 2004
- Atlantic City Fire Department recognized ARMC during its annual Valor Awards presentation with a commendation in recognition of the hospital’s response to the 2003 Tropicana garage collapse – 2004
- Mental Health Association’s Outstanding Organizational Effort Award - 2004
- The Heart Institute at ARMC has the number one cardiac bypass surgery program for the lowest cardiac surgery mortality rate, according to a report by the New Jersey Department of Health and Senior Services, based on 2003 data.
- Quality New Jersey’s Governor’s Award for Performance Excellence for quality and performance – 2001
- Peer Review Organization of New Jersey, Incorporated (PRONJ) recognized ARMC with its Achievement Award for improving the quality of care of Medicare patients – 2001
- African American Male Conference Corporate Award for contributions to the Atlantic County community and for addressing various social issues – 2001
- The Press of Atlantic City’s “Bailey Award” for corporate citizenship and community service – 1998