|At ARMC, we take pride in providing the very best quality of care. We want you to have the most appropriate, quality care before, during and after your hospital stay.
We are committed to getting you ready to leave the hospital as soon as your doctor says it is okay. However, there is still some work to be done before discharge.
For example, we might need to contact other doctors on your behalf. We need to process your medical record. The nursing team might need to complete paperwork related to your stay.
We appreciate your patience as we finalize your discharge. The care team will keep you and your loved ones informed and involved and move your discharge forward as quickly as possible.
We want you to know what to expect and to ask questions and learn more about your recommended care plan for after you leave the hospital. If you have questions, it’s best to write them down so you remember to ask doctor, nurse or other members of your healthcare team before you leave the hospital.
- We will tell you what your expected length-of-stay in the hospital will be based on your condition and diagnosis when you arrive. If your condition changes or there are other factors, the time you spend in the hospital could be longer or shorter.
- Discharge time is usually before 11 a.m. If your transportation is unavailable before 11 a.m. please notify either your nurse or case manager so that we can help you make other arrangements. In the event we need to change the time of your discharge, your healthcare team will let you know as soon as possible so you can adjust transportation plans.
- If you are to be discharged to your home and your doctor has recommended homecare assistance, we will provide you with a list of homecare agencies. Your health insurance company might cover specific organizations.
- Your healthcare team will talk with you about what you will need after you leave the hospital. We will help you understand those needs and answer your questions. We will also help you make arrangements for any additional care you need after you leave the hospital.
- Ask a member of your healthcare team if you will be released to your home or if you will need additional care in another facility. An ARMC Social Services representative will work with you and your family to make your discharge planning as smooth and possible.
Help choosing a facility for care after your hospitalization: