“We are not who we are because of Magnet.
We are Magnet because of who we are.”
Liz Readeau, RN MSN, NE-BC AVP Ambulatory Services
A small percent of hospitals in the United States have earned the prestigious Magnet designation. Presented by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Magnet designation is widely considered the gold standard for quality in the nursing profession.
To be eligible, hospitals must satisfy a demanding set of criteria measuring the nursing team’s performance and strength over an extended period of time.
Magnet designated hospitals are known for consistently delivering exceptional patient care and providing a highly satisfying work environment.
In 2004, ARMC became the first southern New Jersey hospital to receive Magnet designation. In 2008, we achieved Magnet designation for a second time and are currently on the journey toward a third designation.
Being a Magnet facility evokes a sense of pride and commitment to excellence. It took the entire AtlantiCare team to successfully achieve Magnet designation and it will take the entire AtlantiCare family to continue our Magnet Journey and take us well into the future.
• Promote quality in an environment that supports professional nursing practice.
• Provide a vehicle for the dissemination of best practices.
• Identify excellence in the delivery of nursing care to patients
Improved patient care outcomes.
• Participatory nursing management and organizational leaders who are supportive, knowledgeable and value staff and customers.
• Reinforces positive collaborative relationships within professional models of care.
• Greater community involvement and enhanced recognition in the community of nursing, patient care teams and the organization.
• Enhanced acknowledgement of nursing and care team contributions to positive patient outcomes.
• Provides more opportunities for shared resources, expert consultants, and education.
• Changes to practice are evidenced based and monitored for effectiveness.
• Improved recruitment and retention of nurses, physicians and other healthcare professionals. Creates a competitive advantage.
To find out more about the Magnet Recognition Program® visit: