A small percent of hospitals in the United States have earned the prestigious Magnet designation. Presented by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC), Magnet designation is widely considered the gold standard for nursing excellence and quality patient care. The Magnet model provides a framework comprised of five components: transformational leadership, structural empowerment, exemplary professional practice, new knowledge, innovations and improvements, and empirical outcomes. This framework is the basis for creating and nurturing a Magnet culture focusing on professional nursing excellence.
Magnet designation is a rigorous performance-driven credential intended to recognize healthcare organizations that provide quality care, support nursing professional excellence, and promote patient and employee satisfaction. The creation of a Magnet culture is continuous and is grounded in patient-centered care, evidence-based practice, collaborative relationships, ethical conduct, professionalism, and dedication to safe, quality care delivery.
• 2004 - ARMC became the first hospital in southern New Jersey to receive the Magnet designation.
• 2008 - ARMC achieved Magnet designation for the second time.
• 2013 - ARMC achieved its third designation.
• 2017 - ARMC pursuing re-designation with Magnet application.
• Patient care resulting in positive clinical and satisfaction outcomes.
• Nurses experience an environment where they are supported in professional autonomy, participate in shared decision making, engage in professional development, and have accountability for nursing professional practice.
• Organizationally, the outcomes demonstrate enhanced quality care through a culture of collaboration and safety, promote evidence-based practice and standards of care, reduce costs and improve employee satisfaction and increased employee retention.
Being a Magnet® organization evokes a sense of pride and nurses' continued commitment to the AtlantiCare mission, vision and values.
To find out more about the Magnet Recognition Program® visit: