ALMA (AtlantiCare Latinos Moving Ahead) Scholarship
Goal: To encourage Latino students to pursue careers in healthcare
Award: Two students will each be award one $500 scholarship
- Open to current college students of Hispanic descent who will pursue a career in healthcare related field.
- Student will enroll full-time (as defined by their college/university) at one of the following:
- Atlantic Cape Community College
- Atlantic Cape Community College - Rutgers
- Ocean County College
- Stockton University
- Rowan University
- GPA - 3.0 or above
- College Transcript
- Essay: (not to exceed 800 words)
- Reason and area of interest in healthcare (physician, nursing, allied health)
- Importance of reducing health disparities within the Hispanic community. (Health disparities are differences in the incidence, prevalence, mortality, and burden of diseases and other adverse health conditions that exist among specific population groups in the United States.– National Institutes of Health)
Note: Funds will be distributed to student once they present proof of enrollment in accredited school. Selected student will be invited to AtlantiCare’s Annual Diversity and Inclusion Event to be held on October 11, 2017.
For additional information and application, please click here to download the printable form.
Or click here to submit an application online.
Deadline for submission: May 31, 2017
For any questions, please contact: Maribel Maldonado, ALMA Scholarship Coordinator, (609) 272-6285 or email@example.com.