Goal: To provide opportunities for traditionally under-represented students to experience the diversity and scope of management career opportunities available in the healthcare environment, through a paid internship and scholarship program.
Scope: The Internship will include on-the-job training and learning experiences from our AtlantiCare management team. Through a rotation process, the Intern will be exposed to various operational areas within our health system. The participants will gain insight into skills, behaviors, and experience required to become a leader in healthcare management. Areas of work may include: Diversity, Finance, Marketing, Human Resources, IT, Customer Experience, Finance, Education, Risk Management and Process Management.
Award: Selected students will spend nine (9) weeks, during two consecutive summers, in departments that align with their academic areas, and will receive the following:
• 1st Summer - $10.00 per hour
• 2nd Summer- $11.00 per hour
• Successful completion of first summer program - $500 Scholarship
• Successful completion of second summer program - $1,500 Scholarship
1. Must be a student from a traditionally under-represented minority or disability group. (African American, Hispanic/Latino, Asian Pacific, Disabled).
2. Must be enrolled as a full-time student at an accredited college.
3. Must have completed a minimum of one year of college with full-time status – minimum of 24 credits.
4. GPA of 2.75 or above
Submission must include:
1. Completed application
2. One page biography (not to exceed 1,000 words)
3. Essay (see Essay section of application)
Please choose one of the below essay questions. (800 to 1,000 words)
What does community health and well-being mean to me? Why is it important, and how can I make an impact on the health of my community?
Doctors and nurses obviously have an impact on patient care. How do you think non-clinical staff members contribute to patient care? (examples of non-clinical roles: Finance, Education, Information Technology).
The following items must be mailed or delivered to:
Nilda Mahrer, CDP, CAAP
6725 Delilah Rd. Corp. Ed. 2nd Flr.
Egg Harbor Township, NJ 08234
1. Official, sealed school transcript
2. Letter of recommendation from a professor
3. Letter of recommendation from a personal source (Not a relative) Letters should address qualities such as motivation, leadership and commitment.
Application Deadline: May 15, 2017
Apply online: Click Here
For additional information contact:
Nilda Mahrer, CDP, CAAP