For Immediate Release: January 15, 2014
Representatives of the Heart Institute at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center (ARMC), Pomona, New Jersey presented an automated external defibrillator (AED) to Saint Joseph High School in Hammonton, NJ Tuesday January 7, 2014. The AED was the 111th placed in the community since the ARMC Heart Heroes Matching Funds Program began in 2002.
Matching funds were provided by NJM Insurance Group/NJM Bank.
The ARMC Heart Heroes is a volunteer group that raises funds for the Heart Institute at ARMC through the AtlantiCare Foundation to place AEDs in the community. The Heart Heroes fund a portion of the AED and community groups and/or organizations provide the remaining funds. AEDs can restore a normal heart rhythm in victims of sudden cardiac arrest. Audible and/or visual prompts guide the user through the process.
Left to right are: Timothy Slaven, DO, cardiologist, AtlantiCare Physician Group Cardiology in Manahawkin; St. Joseph High School junior Emily Gibison; Heart Hero Rita Triola, of Mullica Township; Heart Hero Ray Coleman, of Absecon; Rose McCarthy, RN, Heart Institute, AtlantiCare; Heart Hero Stephen Santiago, of Absecon; Frank Galloway III, director, Building Services, New Jersey Manufacturers; and Lynn Domenico, principal, St. Joseph High School.
For more information about the AtlantiCare Heart Heroes Matching Funds Program, including how to make a donation, visit www.atlanticare.org, call the AtlantiCare Access Center at 1-888-569-1000 or find AtlantiCare on Facebook at www.facebook.com/AtlantiCare.
AtlantiCare is an integrated system of services designed to help people achieve optimal health. It includes AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, AtlantiCare Health Engagement, the AtlantiCare Foundation, and AtlantiCare Health Services. Its more than 5,221 employees and more than 700 physicians serve the community in nearly 70 locations. A 2009 Malcolm Baldrige Award winner, AtlantiCare was also included in Modern Healthcare's Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2010. ARMC became the 105th hospital in the nation to attain status as a Magnet™ designated hospital in March of 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet™ hospital in 2008 and 2013.