|News & Events VIEW ALL|
|Centers of Excellence VIEW ALL|
|Cancer Care Institute|
|Center for Surgical Weight Loss & Wellness|
|The Heart Institute at ARMC|
|The Joint Institute at ARMC|
|Regional Trauma Center|
|Women's Health & Wellness|
|Community Health Updates VIEW ALL|
|Flu Prevention and Care|
|The Ebola Virus NEW|
|TMI E-Newsletter: Trending Topics in Health|
AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center (ARMC) installed its 2013Medical Staff officers during its annual physician appreciation celebration November 30 at Atlantic City Country Club in Linwood. Howard Axelrod, MD, of Smithville, New Jersey was named president.
Axelrod is chairman of the Department of Surgery for AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center. A cardiothoracic surgeon at the Heart Institute at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, Mainland Campus, Pomona, New Jersey, he performs all phases of cardiac surgery including coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG), beating heart surgery, traditional and minimally invasive valve repair and replacement surgery and aortic aneurysm surgery. Axelrod is on the faculty of New York University School of Medicine, where he serves as an assistant professor of surgery.
Marilouise Venditti, MD, chief medical officer, AtlantiCare, joined the Medical Staff in thanking outgoing Medical Staff President Deborah Bayer, DO, of Egg Harbor City, infectious disease specialist, ARMC, who practices at Life Balance Health Center, LLC, Galloway, for her leadership of the Medical Staff through 2011 and 2012.
Additional ARMC Medical Staff officers are:
• First vice president - Craig Glick, MD, of Ventnor, radiologist and associate chair, Department of Radiology and Diagnostic Imaging at ARMC, who practices at AMI, which has multiple locations in the region.
• Second vice president - Priyesh Thakkar, DO, of Egg Harbor City, an ARMC nephrologist, who practices at Regional Nephology Associates, PA in Northfield and Hammonton.
• Secretary - Mohamed Elnahal, MD, of Linwood, medical director of AtlantiCare Physician Group Cardiology Services, Egg Harbor Township.
• Treasurer - Olawale Fadugba, MD, of Galloway, an ARMC anesthesiologist.
Members at Large are
• Haitham Dib, MD, of Linwood, medical director of Cardiovascular Clinical Integration, AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center.
• Javid Iqbal, MD, of Egg Harbor Township, a hospitalist at ARMC.
• Samir Patel, MD, of Absecon, who practices at AtlantiCare Physician Group Surgical Services, Egg Harbor Township.
AtlantiCare is an integrated system of services designed to help people achieve optimal health. It includes