|News & Events VIEW ALL|
|Centers of Excellence VIEW ALL|
|Cancer Care Institute|
|Center for Surgical Weight Loss & Wellness|
|The Heart Institute at ARMC|
|The Joint Institute at ARMC|
|Regional Trauma Center|
|Women's Health & Wellness|
|From the Well4Life Blog|
Jennifer Tornetta, (O) 609-569-7010, (C) 609-335-3446, email@example.com
Betsy Woerner, 609-748-7539, (C) 609-385-6361, firstname.lastname@example.org
For Immediate Release: October 1, 2013
AtlantiCare’s Growing Green Chef Council will host Savor the Season: A Harvest Celebration Dinner, Wednesday, October 9 at 6 p.m. at the Historic Absecon Lighthouse, 31 South Rhode Island Avenue, Atlantic City. Local chefs who are members of AtlantiCare’s Growing Green Chef Council will contribute to the harvest celebration dinner featuring seasonal produce with support from their teams. Each chef will tell diners about his or her course while presenting it.
Chefs will serve guests family style at one table under a tent on the Lighthouse grounds. Some courses will include produce from AtlantiCare’s Growing Green Initiative-supported community gardens – including the 20-bed community garden on the Lighthouse grounds to which residents of Atlantic City’s First Ward tend. Participating chefs/restaurants and their suppliers are also donating ingredients.
Mike Hauke, owner Tony Boloney’s® Indigenous Pizza, Subs and Grub™, Atlantic City, will emcee the event and prepare and serve hors d’oeuvres.
Additional chefs and the course they will serve, listed by order of course, include:
• Frank Dougherty, co-owner, and Stephen Johnson, executive chef, Dock’s Oyster House, Atlantic City – appetizer of grilled salmon with black lentils, roasted apples and frizzled leaks.
• Ed Daggers, Executive Chef Atlantic City Country Club, Northfield – butternut squash bisque with crawfish and tasso ham garnished with chèvre goat cheese crouton and fresh basil oil.
• Lisa Savage, Chef and Owner Sage Restaurant and Lisa’s Pizza, Salads and Panini’s, Ventnor – harvest salad.
• Luke Palladino, chef/owner, Luke Palladino Hospitality Group, Atlantic City and Northfield – local apple risotto with pecans, sage, and smoked ricotta salata.
• Kevin Kelly, executive chef, and Warner Christy, sous chef, Steve and Cookie's By the Bay, Margate – entrée of grilled scallops and sausage over a salsa verde paired with roasted Brussels sprouts.
• Dean DuPuis, chef de cuisine, Mussel Bar & Grille, by Robert Wiedmaier, Revel, Atlantic City – fall parfait brûlé with roasted pumpkin, maple mascarpone, pumpkin spiced butterscotch, and brown sugar granola.
Ticket price of for the six course meal, which will include wine and craft beer, is $150. Proceeds benefit AtlantiCare’s Growing Green Initiative.
About AtlantiCare’s Growing Green Initiative
AtlantiCare’s Growing Green initiative is a school and community garden program aimed at improving access to healthy foods. Since 2009, the initiative’s garden construction and sustainability grants have supported 27 school gardens and five community gardens. In addition to these funds, Growing Green offers complementary educational programming led by health educators, dieticians, garden experts, and academic scholars. View an AtlantiCare Growing Green video here.
About the AtlantiCare Foundation
The AtlantiCare Foundation exists to improve the health and well-being of the community through a comprehensive development program to support safe, equitable, quality health care; and to promote healthy behaviors. The Foundation is committed to providing financial resources to help fund health status improvement, which includes supporting the programs and capital expansion projects at AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center and its affiliates. The Foundation accomplishes its work through the formation of trusting relationships with key stakeholders and community partners that share its vision of building healthy communities.
For information about the AtlantiCare Foundation or other AtlantiCare programs and services, call the AtlantiCare Access Center at 1-888-569-1000, find AtlantiCare on Facebook at www.facebook.com/atlanticare or visit www.atlanticare.org.
AtlantiCare is an integrated system of services designed to help people achieve optimal health. It includes AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center, AtlantiCare Health Engagement, the AtlantiCare Foundation, and AtlantiCare Health Services. Its more than 5,461 employees and 600 physicians serve the community in more than 60 locations. A 2009 Malcolm Baldrige Award winner, AtlantiCare was also included in Modern Healthcare’s Best Places to Work in Healthcare in 2010. ARMC became the 105th hospital in the nation to attain status as a Magnet™ designated hospital in March of 2004 and was redesignated a Magnet™ hospital in 2008. ARMC Mainland Intensive Care Unit received a silver Beacon Award in 2013, signifying commitment to continuous learning and effective systems to achieve optimal patient care.