AtlantiCare sees increase in patients seeking
emergency treatment after super storm Sandy
AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center has seen an increase in the number of patients seeking treatment at its Emergency Center in AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center Atlantic City Campus and its Emergency Department at ARMC Mainland Campus in Pomona.
Most AtlantiCare Physician Group Urgent Care centers, which treat minor illnesses and injuries, have resumed normal operating hours. For AtlantiCare Urgent Care locations and hours, visit
http://atlanticarephysiciangroup1.reachlocal.net/index.php/services/urgent-care/locations-a-hours, or call 609-407-2273.
AtlantiCare Urgent Care Centers are staffed by Board-certified emergency physicians, registered nurses and X-ray technologists, who diagnose and treat non-life-threatening illnesses and injuries quickly and without an appointment.
"If you are in need of medication or oxygen refills, call your healthcare provider or pharmacy,” said Thomas Brabson, DO, chairman of Emergency Services, AtlantiCare Regional Medical Center. "In an emergency, including if you are experiencing symptoms of a heart attack or stroke, dial 911 immediately." Brabson said the following are examples of emergencies:
• Chest pain/discomfort that lasts more than a few minutes, or that goes away and comes back. It can feel like uncomfortable pressure, squeezing, fullness or pain.
• Pain or discomfort in one or both arms, the back, neck, jaw or stomach.
• Shortness of breath with or without chest discomfort.
• Breaking out in a cold sweat, nausea or lightheadedness.
• Sudden numbness or weakness of the face, arm or leg.
• Sudden confusion or trouble understanding.
• Trouble speaking.
• Sudden trouble seeing in one or both eyes
• Sudden trouble walking
• Loss of balance or coordination
• Sudden, severe headache
• Profuse bleeding
• A change in mental status
• You are in a life-threatening condition/situation
• You think you/the person might need the skills and/or equipment of Emergency Medical Services personnel (EMTs/Paramedics)
Rene Z. Bunting,
|Copyright© AtlantiCare 2014. All Rights Reserved.|