AtlantiCare provides a full schedule of classes and information to help prepare families for delivery and infant care.
- Childbirth Classes: AtlantiCare’s childbirth class schedule accommodates busy parents. Attend either evening sessions over a six-week period – or a one-day Saturday class.
- Online Childbirth Classes. The online childbirth preparation course is an alternative for those who cannot attend an interactive prepared childbirth course due to bed rest and scheduling conflicts. The program is a web-based program that includes animated illustrations, videos, voice-overs, and games. This online program is appropriate for couples delivering at The Center for Childbirth or elsewhere.
- Breastfeeding Consultation: AtlantiCare’s lactation (breastfeeding) consultant helps new mothers by answering questions and teaching them and their babies how to make breastfeeding a positive, successful experience. For more information, click here.
- New Baby “Day Camp” for Siblings: The arrival of a new baby affects everyone in the family – including your other children. To help little ones ages two to 10 adjust to the changes that occur with a new baby, we offer a program called New Baby “Day Camp.” Here, children learn:
- What to expect when visiting the new baby in the hospital;
- How to become a “big helper”;
- How to make friends with the new baby
- Daddy’s Corner: Learn how you, as a father-to-be, can better support your partner during each stage of pregnancy.