With more than 2,500 babies delivered each year at AtlantiCare, we are experts at making pregnancy and childbirth a rewarding experience. In fact, each staff member at our Center for Childbirth makes a personal commitment to “creating cherished memories” for mothers, babies and their families at this important time in life.
At AtlantiCare, we bring together a highly skilled team of medical experts to care for mothers and their babies during the months before and after delivery. Our team approach uses the skills and experience of medical experts in many areas, including:
- High-risk pregnancy specialists and neonatologists;
- Board-certified obstetricians, who provide coverage 24 hours a day, seven days a week to address any problems that may arise during labor and delivery;
- Certified Nurse-Midwives, who work directly with our obstetricians;
- Nursing staff trained specifically in the care of mothers and infants.
Together, they work to address mothers’ and babies’ many needs:
- Maternal/newborn care, including services provided in the region’s only comprehensive Neonatal Intensive Care Unit;
- Labor and Delivery in a new, patient-focused facility with around-the-clock coverage by on-site obstetricians and a pain management program that provides options to minimize discomfort;
- Breastfeeding consultation to get mothers and babies off to a good start;
- Parent education that prepares mothers, fathers and siblings for the arrival of a new baby.