Sleeve Gastrectomy© Procedure Complications & Side Effects
- Potential for inadequate weight loss or weight regain.
- Soft calories such as ice cream, milk shakes, etc can be absorbed and may slow weight loss or actually prevent any weight loss from being achieved.
- This procedure does involve stomach stapling and therefore leaks and other complications related to stapling such as bleeding may occur.
- Because the stomach is removed, it is not reversible.
- Persistent nausea or difficulty with solid foods if postoperative scarring causes further narrowing of the remaining stomach.
- General potential complications associated with any surgery in the morbidly obese population including, but not limited to, pneumonia, heart attack and death.