Education, Healing and Support
The philosophy of patient care at AtlantiCare promotes wellness and healing — which means we focus on you as a person, not just your disease. That’s why we provide the following amenities and resources to our patients and the loved ones helping with their care:
- Look Good, Feel Better Program – A free program of the American Cancer Society that helps women with appearance-related issues during treatment for breast cancer. To register, call the American Cancer Society at 800-227-2345.
- Gilda's Club "The Living Room" – We have partnered with Gilda's Club South Jersey (http://www.gildasclubsouthjersey.org) to offer support groups, educational programs, and special events to supplement your medical care.
- Breast Cancer Support Group – Meets from 7:00PM – 8:30PM the second Thursday of every month at the AtlantiCare Cancer Care Institute; call 1-888-569-1000 to reserve your seat.
- Resource Library – Equipped with free Internet access and a large collection of educational materials to research diseases and treatment options.
- Lymphedema Therapy – Some people have abnormal swelling in the arms, legs, abdomen, or other parts of the body after cancer treatment. Specialized lymphedema therapy is available for people who are experiencing this condition.
- Nutrition Counseling – AtlantiCare registered dietitians are available to provide medical nutrition therapy; call 609-677-7700 for more information.
- Social Services and Financial Assistance – Our licensed social workers can provide referrals to community resources, home care, palliative care, and hospice; as well as assist you with insurance authorizations, prescription assistance, and more.